About Duncan Grove Photography
A Fellow of The Royal Photographic Society, Duncan Grove operates his photography business from impressive premises overlooking and immediately adjacent to the AELTC in Wimbledon Village, SW London. Centre Court is 500M away and No 1 Court is just 300M away. Duncan has even shot from his office window Andy Murray practicing just 20M distant!
Duncan is a passionate professional, VAT & HMRC-registered photographer with other significant business interests. His many photographic activities include:-
- Accredited photographer at The Wimbledon Tennis Championships (2010 - 2018) shooting on behalf of magazines and photo/news agencies. During 2018 he will be shooing primarily on behalf of both the New York Times. His work is extensively published world-wide in major newspapers, magazines and books. For the past five years during the Championships his fine-art, large format prints have been exhibited at the local du Vin Cannizaro Hotel, London’s only 5* Country House Hotel and temporary home to many of the “Great and Good” from the international tennis circuit. This has proven to be a both critical and commercial success with players such as Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga visiting and signing prints. (Net proceeds were donated to an AELTC-nominated charity). See SHOWCASE IMAGES and Wimbledon Image Archive .
- Accredited photographer at the Universities Boat Race (2010 - 2018). Many of Duncan’s Boat Race images have been published in newspapers, magazines, advertisements and websites world-wide. Indeed, a very special 4M high Boat race print is showcased in the common room of Oxford University’s Saiid Business School and Duncan’s prints also hang in Cambridge's Goldie Boat House. However, Duncan takes most pleasure from the fact that an almost equal number of prints feature on the walls and mantelpieces of crew-members’ mothers! See SHOWCASE IMAGES and Boat Race Archive .
- Accredited photographer at Les Voiles de Saint Tropez sailing regatta 2015, 2016 and almost certainly 2018. See Les Voiles Archive .
- Other photo opportunities as they arise and appeal, eg Tuscany location/model shoot September 2017.
Time constraints have recently caused Duncan to be selective in the assignments he accepts. His decisions are based more on how passionate he feels about an event as well as its potential to produce strong images, rather than any financial considerations.
Previous experience includes:-
- Official Photographer for two consecutive years at the six-day ROWE British Squash Grand Prix held at The National Squash Centre Manchester - the largest squash tournament held in Europe. Duncan was also responsible for creating and maintaining real-time the event’s official image micro-site.
- Lead photographer for Professional Jeweller Magazine’s “Hot 100” party held at the prestigious Kensington Roof Gardens venue. Duncan was responsible for providing a team of photographers and for managing a web site of captioned images of the event. Duncan was commissioned again for a similar event the following year at the stunning art-deco Freemasons' Hall.
- Duncan was also a preferred photographer for high-end global real estate agents Fine and Country. His last commission from them was for a Palladian mansion being marketed for >£10 million.
- Duncan has also acted as a regular contributing journalist to major UK professional photographer magazines.
Within reason, the quality and quantity of photo equipment is not so critical for most photographic genres. For sports photography however it can be the determining factor in capturing that "great shot". Duncan's equipment is always the "latest and greatest" models from Nikon. Key items such as bodies are owned in triplicate and his list of high-end pro lenses is impressive - see equipment list.
Duncan Grove Photography
1 Queensmere House
London SW19 5RS
Or if you need direct contact :- dg [at] duncangrove.com
Tel:- +44 7788 260334